Tuition & Fees:
Tuition for the 2020-2021 school year is $29,270.
We offer payment plans which allow families to spread tuition payments over the year.
Tuition includes the following:
- 1-to-1 Laptop Program
- After school clubs such as Choir and Robotics
- Affinity + Alliance Groups
- Mentor Program
- Morning Care and After Care
- Scholars Club
- School field trips and overnight trips
- Seattle Girls’ School Family Association (SFA) membership
Fees and Expenses not covered by the cost of tuition include the following, although financial aid may be available:
- After school athletics
- 7th grade Washington DC trip, or the 8th grade Spanish immersion trip. These trips are optional and occur during mid-winter and spring break. These trips are offered in partnership with third parties, who offer scholarships that SGS students can apply for.
We recognize that the cost of a Seattle Girls’ School education is a factor for every family regardless of income level. We also believe that each family bears the primary responsibility for financing their child’s education to the extent to which they are able. To help families with the cost of this education we offer need-based Tuition Assistance. Grants are based on need, available funds, and number of applicants applying.
Tuition Assistance Application Process
All families applying for Tuition Assistance, both new and returning, must input their financial information into the NAIS School & Student Services platform each year. You will be requested to input a school code; the Seattle Girls’ School code is 2546. The application fee is $51; based on your income level you may qualify for a waiver.
Required documents to be uploaded:
- 2020 income documents. This includes W-2s, unemployment statements, and Social Security income statements.
- 2019 IRS Form 1040 and all schedules.
- 2020 IRS Form 4506-T. Complete lines 1-4 and sign. Do not submit the form to the IRS.
- 2020 tax returns if available
February 4, 2021 – Returning families Tuition Assistance Applications due
February 12, 2021 – New families Tuition Assistance Applications due